Success and failure alerts for schedule runs can be configured as part of schedule set up. This guide explains how to set up notifications to a Slack channel.
Create an Incoming WebHook url for your slack workspace
- Open the Incoming WebHook app.
- Click "Add to Slack".
- Choose the slack channel you would like alerts to be sent to
- Click "Add Incoming WebHooks Integration".
- On the next page you will see a "Webhook URL". You'll need this for the next step.
Create a notification channel and link the webhook url
- Open a development branch.
- Navigate to the scheduling page using the left menu.
- Open the "Notification Channels" tab.
- Click "Add Channel". Give the channel a name, choose the "Slack" notification type, and copy in the "Webhook URL" from the previous step.
- Click "Create Channel".
Add the notification channel to a schedule
- Open the "Schedules" tab on the schedules page.
- Create a new schedule, or edit an existing schedule.
- In the "Notifications" section of the schedule dialogue, click "Add new notification settings".
- Select the channel you just created. Choose
failureor both as "Events".